Saturday, 4 March 2017

Annual event?

Harpers Bazaar are running a short story competition. You have up to 3,000 words and nearly two months to write something with the theme of 'The Anniversary'.

The prize is publication in the magazine, plus a weekend in a luxury hotel. The winner will be notified in early July, which means if I won I'd probably have time to book the hotel for our wedding anniversary.

That'd make a change from spending it in the van as we usually do. Pity me if I don't win, having to rough it in some desolate location with almost nothing to eat, hardly any wine, the merest hint of cake and chocolate...

Ah well, I expect I'll cope.

18 comments:

  1. I saw that too, Patsy - good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's where you might end up spending your anniversary, that's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where we spent part of our honeymoon, Alex /- you're right, it wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  3. Nothing better than a van on a wind-swept deserted beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless it's have the wind drop, Oscar?

      Delete
  4. Ha ha - I'm sure you'd survive the 'hardship' of your van!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably struggle through, Susan.

      Delete
  5. Mmm, in the rules, the word 'literary' pops up, so that's me out.
    And I'm not hoodwinked, i know you love your van.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt my effort will be considered literary enough, Maria - but I have an idea which does at least fit the theme, so I'm going to give it a go.

      Delete
  6. That looks a great place, a place to relax in and let the worries melt away,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you win and get that fabulous prize for your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. My entry is in - that's a start.

      Delete
  8. You know, that beach doesn't look bad for a picnic - just watch out for the sand. Good luck anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!