Friday, 28 April 2017

Unseasonal words

Words mag are running another free to enter writing competition. You have up to 2,000 words to write a story on the theme of Christmas and entries don't have to be in until the end of June. There are cash prizes.

All entries will also be considered for publication in the magazine, but this isn't compulsory.

At the end of last year, I realised I'd not entered many competitions recently, so sent something in for the previous Words mag competition - and came second! I should probably enter a few more.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the timely reminder, Patsy. Just entered.
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to enter the Words comps many, many years ago! Well done on your success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too and then sort of forgot about them, Rosemary.

      Delete
  3. You should enter a few more, Patsy. Coming in Second is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Oscar - I should enter more.

      Delete
  4. I agree you should enter more, Patsy - with your standard of writing you're bound to come first next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz.

      I'm not bound to win, but I'd definitely improve my chances if I sent something in.

      Delete
  5. How lovely to see your entry go from Second Round Reading to Third Round Reading to Short List to one of the WINNERS! And to come second out of 219 entries - that's great, Patsy! Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to know that several people thought it good to go on to the next stage, Fay.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!